We are open 7 days a week
We complete all school & summer camp froms for free
TWELVE MOUNTH VISIT
Happy birthday, your baby is already one !
What should my twelve-month old be doing?
All babies develop at different rates. Please do not be discouraged or worried, if your child has not achieved the following milestones by 12 months.
At this age, your child should:
- Walk with or without assistance
- Enjoys feeding himself/herself
- Deep attachments to a few familiar people
- Displays an evolving sense of humor
- Utters a few words (“mama”, “dada”, “dog”, “ball”)
- Understands a few one word commands (“come”, “stop”)
At 12 months, your baby’s brain has doubled in size. Aren’t they smart?
We recommend your child have at least one nap, but space it out so they are still tired during bed time. Include a book during bed time routine.
At this visit your child will receive the MMR (measles , mumps and rubella) and Varicella vaccines. In addition, they will have a finger prick performed to screen for anemia (low iron) and make sure that they do not have elevated lead levels. If the season is appropriate, your child may also receive the Influenza vaccine. We will also repeat the vision screening at this visit !