EIGHTEEN MOUNTH VISIT
When should I move my toddler out of the crib?
Once your child is about 3 feet tall or can climb out of the crib, it is time to introduce a toddler bed. Typically, this occurs around eighteen to twenty-four months.
Here are some helpful tips to make the transition a little easier:
- Let her be involved in picking the new bed
- Put the new bed in her room for a few weeks before the transition period
- Start the bedtime routine in the toddler bed and then if she wants, move her to her crib for sleep
- Let her take day naps in the toddler bed
- Transfer security objects from the crib to the bed
- Put the new bed in the position that the crib used to occupy
- Refrain from making the switch during a high stress time
At this visit, your child will receive their 4th DTAP (Diptheria Tetanus and Pertussis) vaccine.