two year VISIT
“Terrible two’s’” here we come ! However, with all the amazing developmental milestones your child is meeting, age 2 is much more terrific than terrible.
If your child is unable to do any of the following, let us know at this visit:
- Cannot walk by eighteen months
- Fails to develop a mature heel-toe walking pattern after several months of walking, or walks exclusively on his toes
- Does not speak at least fifteen words by eighteen months
- Does not use two-word sentences by age two
- Does not seem to know the function of common household objects (brush, telephone, bell, fork, spoon) by fifteen months
- Does not imitate actions or words by the end of this period
- Does not follow simple instructions by age two
- Cannot push a wheeled toy by age two
It is common for children this age to throw tantrums when they are frustrated or upset. Your child’s understanding of the rules can be very different from your expectations. It is normal being away from you or meeting new people. During this time, setting firm and consistent limitations for behavior is important. Most 2-year-olds ultimately want to please their parents, so be sure to give lots praise to your child when they are well behaved or achieve something !
At this visit, your child will receive 1st Hepatitis A vaccine during visit and PPD implant in the forearm to test for tuberculosis. Your child will receive another vision screening and in addition, they will have a finger prick performed to screen for anemia (low iron) and make sure that they do not have elevated lead levels. If the season is appropriate, your child may also receive the Influenza vaccine.